You can freely join or follow this group. Administration requests will be granted after approval by an existing administrator.
The space is used by everyone, the younger to play and the older to sit, and enjoy the space. In June we held a Jubilee party in our community garden.
We are applying to the Your Community Your Choice project for two benches. These will help more residents be able to sit outside, enjoy the space, socialise and bring the community together. One bench will replace an existing one which is coming to the end of its life, and another will be nearer the building.
We love our community space and really enjoy coming together to grow plants, improving green spaces and providing games for the children to play with outside.
posted on 16 Aug 2022
posted on 18 Aug 2022
posted on 22 Aug 2022
* 2 new upcycled 3-seater benches outside block 16-17, and for one of the washing lines to be removed (the larger one)
* Awnings or a gazebo to protect residents from sun or rain and to allow for outdoor meetings during spring/summer and autumn
* Further new 3-seater benches in other areas of the Court where residents can sit, which will replace the old, unmaintained and broken benches, ideally being recycled plastic-slat benches for low maintenance. One as you enter the site, and one opposite (Mike to send through photos)
* New concrete hard standing for new benches, and concrete works where 3-seaters replace 2-seaters
* Ramps to steps for all buildings above ground floor where it is necessary to allow residents to get access to communal gardens
* Anaerobic composting container(s) so that food waste is recycled on-site into compost that gardeners and maintenance staff can use for fertiliser and composting
* Wind-powered weather vane, which conducts kinetic energy for charging phones
* Outdoor static piece of gym equipment for residents and visitors
* The installation of a solar water fountain
* Set up a greenhouse or polytunnel for vegetable growing
posted on 25 Aug 2022
posted on 1 Sep 2022