You can freely join or follow this group. Administration requests will be granted after approval by an existing administrator.
- Our Priorities (11)
* Eco-planters made of recycled material for a community garden, a Briary Road Community Garden
* A solar-powered water feature for small insects and animals, and community wellbeing
* Two further water butts for recently planted trees and plants
* The re-purposing of a disused bin store, for communal storage for the community, including items such as gardening cans, chairs, hoses, outdoor games and play activities for families, with a solar-powered light source
* A community leaf vacuum for collection of leafs for compost + a compost bin
The idea is to replace the old shingle and ground sheet from the area shown in the picture with new shingle and a stronger membrane to try to prevent weeds from penetrating. New seating will then be added to create a quiet shaded seating area. This will include a bench and a love seat.
The project will cost £2058
The space is used by everyone, the younger to play and the older to sit, and enjoy the space. In June we held a Jubilee party in our community garden.
We are applying to the Your Community Your Choice project for two benches. These will help more residents be able to sit outside, enjoy the space, socialise and bring the community together. One bench will replace an existing one which is coming to the end of its life, and another will be nearer the building.
We love our community space and really enjoy coming together to grow plants, improving green spaces and providing games for the children to play with outside.
posted on 20 Jul 2022
posted on 15 Jul 2022
Discover Great Ideas
Undo admin application request
You must be logged in and be a Member to be able to rate. Clicking 'Login' below will redirect you to this page following successful login.
Then, if you're not already a Member, you can join this group by clicking the 'Join' link, or one of the membership options just below the group name.
Some Great News!
Your page needs to be refreshed to apply your new roles.