posted on 13 Apr 2019
Baxter Storey have now introduced more food options and products for students with specific dietary requirements. Please ask a member of the Catering staff for what options are available and they'll be able to point them out to you.
If there are any other food options or products you would like on the menu, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Food featured in the video: Pesto roasted vegetable baguette topped with buffalo mozzarella. Sea salt, thyme and black pepper roasted vegetable baguette with a duo of roast vineyard cherry tomatoes and mustard slaw. Full range of Grab 'n' Go vegetarian sandwiches, pasta pots, jacket potatoes and fillings. New vegan lines coming soon!
posted on 23 Oct 2018
We went to see them near the end of term to find out about the journey they had been on. Our purpose was to capture their story to investigate plastic use in their school and to help the young people show how a commitment to participatory democracy had empowered them to be activists in their own communities.
Read more and watch this fantastic video..
posted on 29 Jul 2018
The children already use VocalEyes for Pupil Voice and these priorities now set the agenda for Student Council. Now it was a chance for the pupils to teach what they had learnt using Pupil Voice and show the parents how to log in and participate in Parent Voice.
Read more and watch the video
posted on 16 Jul 2018
On Tuesday the 19th of June we had a successful day at Burry Port Primary school launching VocalEyes with staff and pupils. The day started with assembly when the whole school got a chance to see the platform in action. Following this the School Council met to learn how to use the platform.
The School Council has representatives from Years 2-6, (aged 6-11) and they began by learning how to register on VocalEyes. This took a little time but as soon as everyone was signed in the fun began!Read more..
posted on 20 Jun 2018
Ideas and views
- Inclusion of the school values preferably at the beginning and/or end
- Talk about the amount of time spent on dedication to activities such as basketball training
- Include the variety of clubs available during and after school e.g science club
- The impact of pupil voice on the school, possibly bring up the change of uniform
- Voice overs with the images of the clubs in the background
- The standard and improvement of grades in the school as well as the progression
- Mention the extra language and other GCSEs taken by pupils
- Introduction by the headteacher
- Inclusion of the history of Cathays
- Mention of the school being rebuilt with an improved design as well as improved facilities
- Videos and pictures of the summer timetable, especially the trips
- More pupils rather than staff in the video and ask for volunteers in year 7
- Narrator when photos and videos on screen to save time during video
- Awais as narrator
- School council as well as ordinary students to speak in video
- Lucas to speak about VocalEyes and his inclusion of the child freindly city programme
- Charity events
- Students to talk about the available community languages they are taking/taken
- Young interpreters
- Ensuring students have permission to be in the video
- Areas to broadcast the video such as Roath library
- Musicians in the school to provide the music in the video
- Alois to provide background music
- Jonathan to play guitar in back music
- Josepth meyrick-ash to play piano
- Vivane for background music
- Rebecca to play the flute in back music
- Aim to get the promotional video done by the beginning of July
- After national test KS3 to do part of the recordings (through volunteering)
posted on 2 May 2018
Read more and watch the video..
posted on 30 Apr 2018
posted on 20 Mar 2018
Baxter Storey have now installed new overhead signage in the refectory at City Campus! If there are still areas you wish to have more signage then please contact: email@example.com
posted on 27 Feb 2018
Cycle Store / Bike Racks
Thanks for your idea 'Bike Racks'. There is a Cycle Store located on the Ground Floor at City Campus which accommodates 315 bikes. If you study at Riverside Campus, there are 200 external bike racks. Please contact reception if you are not sure where these are located.
posted on 21 Feb 2018
posted on 1 Feb 2018
That means lots of new bikes will be appearing soon, starting with docking stations along the bay linking the two university campuses with the city centre. The amount raised was way above the goal, £100,210 (£53,178 target) which is brilliant news because...
"To win the competition we need[ed] to raise more than our target. 50% of any funds raised over and above the target will be used to make further capital investments – more bikes and docking stations – which could include more locations. The other 50% will pay for the additional running costs that will come as a result of the extra investment."
This is brilliant news for Swansea, well done Abertawe! We're looking forward to seeing more people out and about on the bikes, experiencing the joys and freedom of cycling!
posted on 13 Jan 2018
We are super excited to announce that Baxter Storey are now serving toast at most of their food outlets in the mornings! Please ask a member of the catering staff for toast if you don't see it displayed.
posted on 5 Dec 2017
Did you know that you can charge any of your personal devices by using the plug sockets (if available) or use your own USB cable in a ThinClient!
posted on 5 Dec 2017